Luke grew up in Fareham England. He attended Fareham Park Infant School, Fareham Park Junior School and Fareham Park Comprehensive School which later became The Henry Cort Community College.
I first ‘met’ Luke when he published a post in our Fareham Park Comprehensive School group on Facebook. He was asking for short-stories or photos about Fareham Park School for a book that he was writing. Through this post, Luke and I became friends.
I learned that Luke was a writer and a professional blogger. Some of the things that Luke writes about include:
- Events in his childhood that made a lasting impression on him;
- Growing up gay in a society in which this was not only unacceptable but also a cause of ostracism;
- His experiences of dealing with bipolar;
- Being bullied in school and in the workplace; and
- Challenges of emigration to Spain and becoming acquainted with the Spanish culture.
Luke’s writing shows great bravery, courage and honesty. He has a great love for writing and has been writing since he was ten years old.
Luke loves books. In his blog ‘Roaming Brit’, he says:
I loved books The touch and feel, the smell, the words of people, many people, now gone, but the books a reminder of who they once were, a living memory of lives, no longer there. Books telling stories, of bravery, love, anger and pain, books with a past and permanent future that we can always dip in and out from, at will. Taking a little bit of someone we never knew, with us, on our journey through life.
Luke can be contacted at email@example.com.